Locinox is a 1st generation family business founded 32 years ago. The head office is located in Waregem (130 FTE). We see ourselves as a product development company; we design and produce a full range of mechanical, electromechanical and electronic access control solutions for the gate and fence industry (gate hardware, hinges, hydraulic gate closers, gate motorization, electronic keypads, IOT solutions etc.). For a quick introduction to Locinox scan the QR below:
Locinox focuses on quality, innovation and dynamic service where people make the difference. Year after year we have managed to achieve an average (organic) sales growth of 14%. Thanks to the continuous investment in our (& new) people, product development, automation and globalization of its sales, Locinox manages to stay at the top of its industry and is the market leader in Europe with a market share of about 30-40%.
Professionalism, product innovation and operational excellence are not empty words! The company ensures that all products in its 200-page catalog are assembled to order according to the customer’s required configuration and that these orders are shipped within 24 hours; and that delivery performance is measured daily with an overall success rate of 97%. In addition, new patents are filed every year, giving our innovations a constant competitive advantage.
As part of a strong expansion of its staff, Locinox is looking for a Product Manager.
A day as Product Manager?
Each Product manager is responsible for a product group. Currently we are looking for someone to help define product improvements and product variants for our largest product group “Gate & Fence hardware”. This is done based on customer feedback, competitor analyses and market research.
In this way we create a constant flow of optimizations and innovation on the products that generate our largest revenue.
Specifically, you take ownership;
- As Product Manager you determine the product strategy/roadmap (in consultation with management) and you coordinate the product lifecycle. You gather the functional & technical requirements and set priorities to define the product vision. During this process you communicate with other stakeholders from sales, marketing & operations.
- You do Portfolio management for our product group “Gate & Fence hardware”. You will ensure that new products meet the overall strategy and goals of Locinox. You will use your analytical skills and make the right decisions to make the development process as smooth and efficient as possible. You monitor deadlines and make sure that the ‘time to market’ is met.
- You define the project planning in consultation with the R&D managers (mechanics & electronics).
- You ensure that the implementation and execution of work flows & procedures is followed.
- You participate in the further definition and improvement of these processes.
- You ensure that the communication within your team and with other teams runs smoothly and efficiently.
- You are jointly responsible for the development of quality products based on critical evaluations of the designs and prototypes.
- You assist in performing and documenting market research
- You define & document functional & technical requirements
- You provide training to the sales team for the new products
- You manage the product compatibility matrix
- You coordinate and check the installation manuals together with the marketing team. You work out the plans together with the Marketing team to launch your products in the best way.
What about you?
- You have at least a Bachelor degree in a technical direction
- You have professional and/or academic experience in Product Management; as a technical account manager, sales engineer…
- You are open, autonomous and an excellent communicator…
- You have thorough mechanical / technical knowledge
- You are a problem solver & you like to organize and think analytically. You are able to develop product strategies based on research, data and industry trends.
- Languages: English – French – (German)
- Travel: Maximum 1x month for a number of days
Why Locinox ?
R&D has been at the heart of Locinox since the very beginning. From the very first lock Locinox has stood for high quality at an affordable price. By optimising existing products and frequently introducing new products, we have a healthy mix of long running products such as surface mounted locks, as well as extending our portfolio with new products such as gate closers.
Because we have a passionate and talented team, we operate with the speed and flexibility of an SME and the international spirit of a multinational.
We have been growing double digits for more than a decade and with the long list of ideas (optimizations & new designs) we are convinced that we will be able to do this even further in the coming decades.
Once you pay attention you see our products everywhere so you can easily identify with our work.
We are always looking for new people with whom we can actively build our, and your future; “Destiny is not a matter of chance, it’s a matter of choice. It’s not a thing to be waited for, it’s a thing to be achieved.” Join us !