Locinox is a family business of the 1st generation, established 32 years ago. The head office is located in Waregem (130 FTE). We see ourselves as a product development company; we design and manufacture a full range of mechanical, electromechanical and access control solutions for the gate and fence industry (locks, hinges, hydraulic gate closers, gate motorisation, electronic keypads, etc.).
Locinox focuses on quality, innovation and dynamic service where people make the difference. Year after year we have managed to achieve an average (organic) turnover growth of 14%. Thanks to its continuous investment in product development, automation and globalisation of its sales, Locinox manages to stay at the top of its industry and is the market leader in Europe with a market share of approximately 30-40%.
Professionalism, product innovation and operational excellence are no empty words! The company ensures that all products in its 200-page catalogue are made to order according to the customer’s required configuration and that these orders are shipped within 24 hours; and that delivery performance is measured daily with an overall success rate of 97%. In addition, new patents are applied for every year, giving our innovations a constant competitive edge.
Due to a strong expansion of its staff, Locinox is looking for an Design engineer.
As Senior Design Engineer you are responsible for the design and improvement of our unique electro-mechanical products in Fence & Gate hardware, Hydraulic gateclosers, Perimeter protection & access control and Automation.
- After a running-in period you will take a lead role within the project teams that are put together to design new (electro)mechanical products.
- As senior/lead engineer, you will be responsible, in close cooperation with the product manager, for the technical elaboration (planning, budget, …) of the entire product, from concept to the first production run.
- With a creative and efficient approach, you start from an idea or concept, sketch the product, draw it technically (3D package), do the necessary simulations and tests and follow up its realisation in cooperation with our internal prototype department.
- You work closely together with other fellow designers within the project team and actively share your expertise and insights with them. With your coaching style and focus on cooperation, you further develop the R&D organisation.
- You report to the R&D Manager and functionally to the Product Manager.
- Your degree in Industrial Engineering (or equivalent through experience) is combined with 10 years of business experience, including several years in product design. Because of this, you also have a good (basic) knowledge of the most common production techniques, and you are able to quickly learn new techniques.
- You have a technical background (mechanical and/or electromechanical) and an excellent logical-abstract and analytical reasoning ability with a strong 3D view.
- You have a passion for product development, both the technical elaboration and the functional and design component.
- You have experience with 3D-CAD software (ideally Solidworks).
- You are a real team player, with a positive attitude and a can-do attitude.
- In combination with strong project-skills you manage to keep a project on target and on budget and to coordinate the different (sub)projects well.
- You speak very good Dutch and English.
What do we offer?
Locinox invests heavily in its product development and thanks to our own prototyping and purchasing team we are able to develop new products quickly. We are ambitious and have many new ideas and products ready to be developed.
You will be given the opportunity to participate in the expansion of the R&D organisation and to actively develop new products yourself. You will be working in a dynamic environment with sufficient challenges and flexibility and an attractive salary package.